Clinical Paediatrics, 4/e
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer
Clinical Paediatrics, 4/e is specially designed for medical students, this book presents a succinct exposition of the clinical procedures involved in the diagnosis and management of common Paediatric cases.
Clinical Paediatrics, 4/e
Clinical Paediatrics, 4/e is specially designed for medical students, this book presents a succinct exposition of the clinical procedures involved in the diagnosis and management of common Paediatric cases. In a simple and easy-to-understand language, the book explains the fundamentals of History taking-both general and systemic, Clinical examination, Differential diagnosis, Investigations, Diagnosis, Management and prognosis.
It particularly emphasizes history taking and examination of the cardiovascular system, central nervous system and nutritional diseases. The book also explains the various disorders seen in children. A simple point wise style of presentation is followed throughout the text and important features are summarized in appropriate tables and boxes. Relevant clinical photographs are included to illustrate the text.
- History taking and examination relevant to each system is followed by a discussion on common paediatric disorders with emphasis on aetiology, pathogenesis, clinical features, investigations, management, prognosis and follow-up
- New chapter Newborn covers various aspects of neonatology such as nomenclature and definitions, care of normal newborn, resuscitation, low birth weight, hyperbilirubinaemia and sepsis in addition to history taking and clinical examination
- Newly added topics include adolescence and sexual maturity rating, coarctation of aorta, bronchial asthma, arterial blood gas, localisation of lesion in hemiplegia, Horner syndrome, bacterial meningitis and its differentiation from tuberculous meningitis, urinary tract infections, aplastic anaemia, juvenile idiopathic arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus
- All topics are thoroughly revised and updated especially physical examination in children, immunisation schedule, classification and treatment of malnutrition, diarrhoea, viral hepatitis, infectiveendocarditis, immune thrombocytopenia, screening of Down syndrome, muscular and rheumatic disorders and neoplasms
- Viva-voce section at the end of each chapter for quick self-assessment
- Percentile tables for length, height, weight head circumference and BMI in children
- New clinical photographs, radiographs and flowcharts to illustrate the text
- Simple, point-wise style of presentation with important features summarised in tables and boxes