Kirk's Basic Surgical Techniques, IE, 7/e
Edition: IE, 7/e
Publisher: Elsevier, India
The Seventh Edition of this highly regarded title for surgical trainees gives clear, concise guidance on all aspects of acquiring surgical techniques to ensure operative success.
Basic Surgical Techniques, IE, 7/e
The Seventh Edition of this highly regarded title for surgical trainees gives clear, concise guidance on all aspects of acquiring surgical techniques to ensure operative success. The full range of surgical skills is comprehensively reviewed in a clear ‘how-to-do-it’ style, which consolidates those learnt both in theatre and on training courses. This new edition has been thoroughly revised by a new author based on the much praised editions by its original author Mr R M Kirk. Key Points boxes throughout the text summarise the important aspects of each technique.
- Provides guidance on the full range of surgical techniques required by all trainee surgeons.
- Concentrates on the main principles behind the use of the surgical techniques
Table of Contents
- Handling yourself
- Handling instruments
- Handling threads
- Handling ducts and cavities
- Handling blood vessels
- Handling skin
- Handling connective and soft tissue
- Handling bones and joints
- Handling dissection
- Handling bleeding
- Handling drains
- Handling infection
- Handling minimal access surgery
- Handling the patient