Medicine, Prep Manual for Undergraduate, 5/e
The fifth edition of this book is a must-have for all undergraduate medical students as it prepares them for both theory and viva-voce examination. It is also useful for dentistry and nursing students.
Medicine: Prep manual for undergraduates
The fifth edition of this book is a must – have for all undergraduate medical students as it prepares them for both theory and viva- voce examinations. It is also useful for dentistry and nursing students. Structured in question- answer format, this book presents a concise exam-oriented text as per the guidelines of medical council of India and Health Universities across the country.
- To the point presentation of text in question-answer format helps in quicl revision before examination
- topics presented in points with suitable boxes, tables, flowcharts and diagrams to facilitate easy understanding and revision
- Extensively revised, updated, and strengthened to keep up with the latest changes in the field of medicine
- topics revised thoroughly like anaemia of critical illness, leukaemias and lymphomas multiple myeloma, respiratory failure, tuberculosis, diffuse alveolar hemorrhage, pleural effusion, stroke, hypertension, acute, coronary syndromes, ischemic colitis, behcet’s disease, snake bites, hypothermia, vitamin D in health and disease, hyperlipidaemias, H1N1 influenza, human immunodeficiency infection, approach to acid –base analysis
- New topics included dengue infections, sepsis bundles, chronics kidney disease, infectious disease, obesity
- Inclusion of clinical decision pathways for some of the commonly encountered critical and non-emergent disease conditions
- Inclusion of newer innovations and treatments modalities
About the authors:
K George Mathew (MD) is working as associate specialist, department of orthogeriatrics, torbay Hospital, Torquay , Devon , London. He was formerly associate professor, Department of medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka, India.
Praveen Aggarwal (MD, DNB, FACEE) is a professor and Head Department of Emergency Medicine, All India Institute of Medical sciences, New Delhi.