Basics in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty, 2nd Edition
Publisher: Elsevier India
Basics in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty" is a comprehensive compilation of basic steps to be regimented before, during and after primary hip and knee reconstruction in arthritic patients.
Basics in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
Basics in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty" is a comprehensive compilation of basic steps to be regimented before, during and after primary hip and knee reconstruction in arthritic patients. Often this information is scattered and difficult to acquire even after exploring Internet and multiple references. It should benefit Fellows, beginners and once-in-a-while Arthroplasty Surgeons of hip and knee to plan surgery, select correct implant and execute the job to the level of perfection.
- The night before"" book for the beginners, wherein review of literature and other theoretical jargon are avoided.
- Practical surgery tips, explained through figures, are the forte of this book.
- Contains specialty work from leading authorities in the field, like Thomas P. Sculco, Douglas A. Dennis and Javad Parvizi.
- Uses ""My trolley"" concept, which pictorially explains usage of critical tools to make art of Primary Hip & Knee Replacement an enjoyable experience.
- Videos accessible through EEB Shelf App on Radiological Planning in THA | Tips and Pearls in THA | TKA in Stiff Knee | Cementing in TKA | Patellar Resurfacing in TKA | Rotating Platform TKA and few more .
- A new chapter - Correcting Varus Knee Deformities: An Algorithmic Approach
Table of Contents
Part 1: Planning of the Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
1. Total Joint Arthroplasty: Medical Parameters 2. Blood Transfusion Reduction in Total Joint Arthroplasty 3. Role of Drains in Primary Total Joint Arthroplasty 4. Prevention of Periprosthetic Joint Infection 5. Pain Management in Arthroplasty
Part 2: Total Hip Arthroplasty: Techniques and Pearls
14. Radiological Planning in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty 15. Selection of the Implant in Total Knee Arthroplasty
16. Tips and Pearls: Tourniquets and Position in Total Knee Arthroplasty 17. Tips and Pearls: Exposure and Retractors in Total Knee Arthroplasty
18. Tips and Pearls: Saw Technique in Total Knee Arthroplasty 19. Principles: Alignment and Balancing 20. Cementation Techniques in Total Knee Arthroplasty
21. Patellar Resurfacing in Total Knee Arthroplasty 22. Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty 23. Technique: Fixed Bearing Total Knee Arthroplasty 24. Mobile-Bearing Total Knee Arthroplasty: Technique and Clinical Results 25. Correcting Varus Knee Deformities: An Algorithmic Approach 26. Management of Tibial Bone Defects 27. Total Knee Arthroplasty in Fixed Flexion Deformity 28. Total Knee Arthroplasty in Stiff Knee 29. Total Knee Arthroplasty in Post High Tibial Osteotomy
Part 4: Recent Advances in the Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
30. Trabecular Metal 31. Recent Advances in Short Stem Designs 32. Hi-Flex Knee Design
Part 5: How do I Plan My Trolley: Special Instruments
33. My Trolley for Total Hip Arthroplasty 34. My Trolley for Total Knee Arthroplast