Ophthalmology, IE, 5/e
Edition: 5/e IE
Publisher: Elsevier, US
Long considered one of ophthalmology's premier texts, this award-winning title by Drs. Myron Yanoff and Jay S. Duker remains your go-to reference for virtually any topic in this fast-changing field. In a single, convenient volume.............................
Ophthalmology, IE, 5/e
Long considered one of ophthalmology's premier texts, this award-winning title by Drs. Myron Yanoff and Jay S. Duker remains your go-to reference for virtually any topic in this fast-changing field. In a single, convenient volume, it offers detailed, superbly illustrated guidance on nearly every ophthalmic condition and procedure you may encounter, making it a must-have resource no matter what your level of experience. Extensive updates throughout keep you current with all that's new in every subspecialty area of the field.
New to this Edition
- Contains nine brand-new chapters covering OCT angiography and optical coherence tomography, small incision lenticule extraction (SMILE), corneal imaging, electrophysiology in neuro-ophthalmology, glaucoma drainage implants, thyroid eye disease, orbital infections, and aesthetic fillers and botulinum toxin for wrinkle reduction.
- Covers new imaging techniques including wide-field imaging, anterior segment OCT (AS-OCT), and high definition OCT, as well as two completely reorganized sections on optics and refraction and intraocular tumors that provide a more logical and user-friendly approach for enhanced understanding.
- Includes more than 2,000 high-quality illustrations (most in full color) and an expanded video library with 50 clips of diagnostic and surgical techniques. New videos cover refractive surgery advances, phakic intraocular lenses, combined cataract procedures, nystagmus, eye movement examinations, and more.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Offers truly comprehensive coverage, including basic foundations through diagnosis and treatment advances across all subspecialties: genetics, optics, refractive surgery, lens and cataract, cornea, retina, uveitis, tumors, glaucoma, neuro-ophthalmology, pediatric and adult strabismus, and oculoplastics.
- Features streamlined, templated chapters, a user-friendly visual layout, and key features boxes for quick access to clinically relevant information and rapid understanding of any topic.